Re: Dieter's Strength Trek

Postby Dieter » Thu May 17, 2012 12:40 pm

5/16/12
Decline: 225x5,4,5
Nautilus Curls: 125x10,9
Squat: 305x5

Music: Sick of it All

About 20 mins of climbing

I was mentally beat by the decline today. I had to work hard for my reps but there is no way I should have gotten my reps on the third set and not on the second. I'm feeling new muscles activating in my chest, Bicep and back. The ART has to be doing something for me. I felt a new burn on an interior area of my Bicep that wasn't there before. The squat was week today. I did have the runs right before I went to the gym so I think that can figure into the lack of performance. Climbing was good for the brief time I spent on it today. I finished a project I had been working on for a couple of sessions so that was productive. Last week when I climbed at the real climbing gym I did a great deal better than my first trip. I was able to finish at least 5-6 routes where the time I went before I was only able to complete one. I'm glad to see all this training is paying off somewhere.
Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Fri May 18, 2012 8:15 pm

5/18/12
Seated Press: 142.5x2x5,6
Wide grip pullups: BWx2x5 ez
Power Cleans: 135,155,165,175,185-miss
Deadlift: 295x7

Music: Mellincolin-Life on a Plate

1.5 hours at the climbing gym

Press felt pretty good I had to work hard for the last rep but I think I had some more in the tank. I did some ez pullups because I knew I was going to the gym later. I missed a power clean for the fist time today. 185 was in the air for a moment hovering right in front of my chest and next thing I knew I was having to catch on its way down. Almost dumped the shitty bar and hex plates which would have made for a interesting scene at my pretty lame gym. I don't know what happened. It I'm not sweating it. I just moved on to deadlifts. I probably could have gotten eight reps but the weights were rocking around on the fun edges making me have to chase it around to reset each rep. It wasn't a great day today but I felt strong. Nature just didn't want to cooperate with me. I'm sure my lifting suffered becauseI was pretty focused on claiming today.

Climbing went real well today. Each week I feel like I am making big improvements. I was able to fly through all the projects I worked on last week and was able to finish the one I was not able to do. I did at least 4 new problems and was making good ground on some of the inverted problems which seem to be real fun. I feel a lot more body control and my physique is following suit. My core is doing some serious work while climbing on an overhanging wall. I'm really looking forward to going back next week to try the two I didn't finish today. I'm really stoked about the climbing I have for to plan a trip soon to do some outdoors. Unfortunately there isn't much to climb in the flatlands of Florida.
Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Mon May 21, 2012 9:33 pm

5/21/12
Decline Bench: 225x2x5,7 owned this shit
Hammer Curls: 50x2x10
Squat: 305x7
Neck Harness: 50x2x40,2x30

Music: Soil, Sick of it All

30+ minutes of climbing

I fucking owned 225 tonight. I've been mindfucked by this weight for so long. I got under the weight tonight and it just felt light. The 7th rep was some real shitty form and I had to fight hard for it but I wanted it bad. I could have walked out of the gym after this today and called it a great day in the gym. I also weighed in about 3 or 4 pounds less than last wel when i did this same workout.Hammer curls went great today. Squats have been disappointing since I injured my back. I have worked my way back up but my form has really been struggling. I'm going to make sure to continue to work on it when I train for the villain challenge. I was able to get two more reps than last week so it wasn't a bad result. Once I get back to 315 I think I am going to hangout there for a bit till I completely own that weight. I want to get so comfortable with 3 plates that I can squat it no matter how bad I feel that day.

Climbing felt real good at the beginning of the session. I felt like I had real good body control and my grip was holding real well. I tried to change one of my projects a little and could not finish it and at the same time could watch myself fatiguing as I continued to try. It was disappointing to not be ableto get it but it will give me something to work for next session. All in all it was an incredible day in the gym with the weights and on the wall. These are the days that give you the confidence to push yourself even harder.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Sat May 26, 2012 9:49 am

5/23/12
Press: 145x2x5,6
Pullups: BWx2x5 ez
Power Snatch: 95x3, 115,125
Deadlift: 305x5

Music: Operation Ivy

About 25 minutes of climbing.

I felt strong when I started my workout but then this kid in the gym that likes to talk a lot started interrupting things. I just wasn't able to stay focused on what I was doing. He's a good kid and is pretty strong but he just doesn't have the intensity I try to maintain while lifting. Power Snatches and cleans have been pretty weak lately. I know I can't expect everything to go smoothly all the time. Deadlifts felt heavy but I was also out of my rhythm at that point.

5/25/12
Decline Bench: 227.5x3x5
Nautilus Preacher Curl: 125x2x10
Squat: 225x4x5

Music: Pretty Lights - Unreleased Remixes

About an hour and fifteen at the climbing gym.

Took another step in the right direction on decline today. I'm going to move to 3 reps on this till I run that out. I really want to get used to having 225+ in my hands for a little while. Nautilus curls were burning today. I added the fourth set of squats today to start making my way towards the VC challenge again. The squats felt really good today and I probably could have gotten another set if I really wanted, but I was on limited time because I had a Chiro appointment.

I don't know what was up at the climbing gym today. I was really jittery. I am usually kinda nervous but today was a little different. It didn't effect my climbing accomplishment but made it a little less smooth which caused me to have to muscle my way through a lot of moved using a lot more energy. I definitely was a little more worn out than I was last week. I was able to do all the old projects I was working on and was able to add 2 or 3 more that helped boost my confidence. There are three beginner projects left for me to finish. Two of them are inverted which are the fun but tough ones. Two of the new projects I completed today were inverted. I can't wait to start trying some of the next level of routes soon. Right now I am climbing in the V0-V1 maybe V2 range. If I can get to the V4 range then I can start looking for some trips to go find some outdoor climbing to do.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Wed May 30, 2012 6:40 am

5/29/12
Seated Press: 147.5x5, 135x8
Weighted Pullups: BW+25x2x5
Squat: 315x2

Music: Rancid - Let the Dominoes Fall

30 min or so on the climbing wall

So after a long weekend of drinking and about 4 hours of sleep I was not feeling to vibrant by the time I got to the gym. I started the workout and was feeling my low back when I was doing 1475.5 on the seated press. After that set I decided to cruise though the workout. I dropped the weight some and did a few more reps. I added some weight to the pullups but I think I'm going to drop the weight do two sets of 8 with no weight for a couple of sessions then I will start adding the weight again. As I was warming up for squats I decided I would just do a couple of reps just to get under a decent weight due to the lack of energy. I through 315 on and did 2 reps that felt pretty good. I think because of the lack of energy I'm going to repeat this workout on Saturday.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Requiem » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:12 am

Good taste in rap and metal? Plus you're strong? Think I'm in love?

I'll be following you're log, keep up the hard work.
Requiem

Postby Dieter » Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:09 am

6/1/12
Bench:135x3x12
Seated Curls: 30x3x10
Squats: 135x3x12

On wednesday I injured my ribs in a collision playing kickball. They have been really sore especially when I cough or sneeze but also hurts when I move into some possitions. Due to the pain I took it a little easy. I put weight on the bar that I was sure I could finish easily and focused on form. Things worked out well for everything except whenever I laid down or sat up on the bench. I'm gonna have to take it easy as I work back up.

6/2/12
45 minutes or so of climbing

I'm continuing to take it easy so I didn't push my limits on anything. I might give it another go to see how it feels tomorrow. It feels like it is getting a little better with the more activity it gets. I guess it might be some kind of a muscle pain but it originally felt like it might be bone bruising.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:45 am

6/4/12
Press: 135x2x5,6
Pull-ups: BWx2x7
Squat: 225x5x5

Music: Black Star

About 30 min of climbing

I'm still feeling the ribs some. A little tight and some pain overhead and breathing and caughing. Probably going a little harder than I should but hopefully it will gradually get a better. If it doesn't seem to be getting better I might have to take a week off. Press felt good for not doing it too much lately. If I was 100% I could probabaly put up some more on the max rep. Pullups felt real good today. When I got to the squats the ribs were feeling alright Sao I pushed it a little. I'm back up to 5 sets with 225 so I am going to start adding reps as it feels appropriate.

Climbing was good but was tired and had a long break in between the workout which allowed the ribs to get a little sore. I did accomplish some stuff so it wasn't a loss.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:46 pm

6/6/12
Chest Press Machine: Some weightx3x10+ reps
Nautilus Curls: some weightx3x10+ reps
Lat Pulldowns: some weightx3x10+ reps
Tricep Extensions: some weightx3x10+ reps
Deadlift: 135x3x10
Leg Press: sled+200x35

Music: Murs & 9th Wonder - Fornever

So I don't know what I did but the ribs were f'd today. I laid down on the bench and 135 was putting me in some serious pain, so I decided I would do a light weight full body workout today. About the only thing that didn't irritate my ribs was the leg press. I probably could have pushed out 50 reps, but made sure I was doing them in a slow controlled motion. I had a nice pump in my quads after which I thought was good indication that is stopped at the right time but that had worn off by the time I walked out. I guess I'll take it easy for the next few days and see if things get better.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 am

6/11/12
Chest Press Machine: Some weightx3x10+ reps
Nautilus Curls: some weightx3x10+
Leg Press: sled+290x30

Music: Murs & 9th Wonder - Fornever

Another really light day. I'm trying to let these ribs heal but it is really hard for me to stay out of the gym. I have vacation time I'm using this week and I wanted to do so many things. The main thing I wanted to do was go to the climbing gym everyday but there is no way that my ribs would allow that.

6/12/11
Bench Press: Bar x3x20 reps
Press: Bar x3x12
Nautilus Curls: some weightx3x10+ reps
Leg Press: sled+380x25

Music: Halls of Justice (I don't remember the album name)

Pushing any kind of real weight is causing some pain but i think the light weight stuff is actually helping some. The pain is gradually going away. The only really bad times is when I caugh or sneeze.

@Requiem I'm glad you like the music selection. I don't know how I missed your post. Your pretty damn strong yourself. Keep up the hard work and feel free to chime if you have any input or suggestions , whether it's music or weights. I'm always interested in others opinions.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

PreviousNext

Return to Beginner Villain Logs