JP Consult Experience

Your direct line to JP. Fire at will!

Re: JP Consult Experience

Postby banker86 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi all

I had a consult with JP on Thursday regarding my endurance / military oriented goals. Given JP's experience in the US Army I thought he would be a good person to talk to, and he definitely was. I have also read Greyskull LP, SWOLE and Drop the Panties, so was pretty familiar with his work.

First of all, the session lasted almost 2 hours, which shows first of all how much he can talk and second how much he truly cares and enjoys sharing his knowledge those who chose to work with him.

I have a tendency to rush into things too quickly and too extremely and usually fail or get injured quite quickly. The way Johnny structures things is quite gentle and progressive, focusing on adding rather than restricting, and I really think is a much healthier (and probably more effective) way to approach personal development (both physical and mental).

Additionally, as everyone else has said, he goes beyond the physical and encourages you to develop habits related to your career, financial situation and relationships. Obviously I wasn't seeking out any of this when I arranged the call, but it ended up really making me think and will only help me to achieve my physical goals.

I'm really looking forward to our next session in a month or so.

Thanks
banker86

Postby strooch » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:29 pm

Hey everyone,

I recently had a consultation with JP, and it was honestly one of the best experiences in my training life.

I have a lot of "book knowledge" about training and fitness, and have been lifting for more than 10 years, but I've never been able to translate that into success with respect to my own physique goals, and I couldn't figure out what was holding me back. I had come up with all sorts of possible reasons for my lack of success, to shitty genetics, "real life," insufficient training/diet knowledge, etc. I always kept thinking that if I could just find that one magic routine/diet/etc. I would be on my way to getting the results I wanted. But alas, after several years of program-hopping and spinning my wheels in the gym, I was becoming increasingly frustrated with my inability to make meaningful progress towards the physique I wanted. That frustration ultimately led me to these forums and to request a consultation with JP.

This past Monday, after speaking with JP for almost two hours (!), I came away with a new-found confidence and passion towards training that I hadn't experienced since my newbie days of training (when you can do almost anything and gain muscle). I realized that it wasn't a lack of knowledge in the mechanics of training, diet, etc. that was holding me back, but a lack of clarity in focusing intensely on the goals I wanted and a lack of MENTAL confidence and belief that I can achieve those goals. I realized that I would never get to a lean, muscular 200 lbs if I couldn't first SEE myself as a lean, muscular 200 lbs. Most of our conversation was about this mental side of the iron game, and it was absolutely eye-opening for me. Even more importantly, I immediately saw that this mental fortitude can help you achieve success in all walks of life, not just your training life. We talked about the importance of killing your limiting beliefs and building habits that are conducive towards your goals. It was such a powerful and worthwhile experience that I was actually taking notes on a notepad of some of the things we were talking about!

In this day and age, and in particular in the fitness and nutrition industry, it's almost impossible to actually get your money's worth on anything. But the consultation with JP is a rare and refreshing exception. I STRONGLY urge anyone who is serious about achieving real progress in the gym (and even in other areas of life--finance, relationships, etc.) to give it a try.

Thanks Johnny!

Mike
strooch

Postby Zyxt » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:09 pm

Johnny,

I recently bought a consultation package through the store and am looking forward to working with you! I'm not sure I sent my follow-up e-mail to the right address though. What address should I use to get in touch with you about getting started?
Zyxt

Postby johnnypain » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:22 pm

Zyxt wrote:Johnny,

I recently bought a consultation package through the store and am looking forward to working with you! I'm not sure I sent my follow-up e-mail to the right address though. What address should I use to get in touch with you about getting started?

Looking forward to working with you as well. My email is john@villainintl.com
Follow me on Twitter @thejohnnypain http://twitter.com/#!/thejohnnypain

Ebook titles available by Johnny Pain
http://strengthvillain.myshopify.com/collections/ebooks
johnnypain
Site Admin

Postby Zyxt » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:35 am

Awesome, thanks. Sent.
Zyxt

Postby kpoff » Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:37 pm

JP is a great life coach, he has a way of helping you discover the answers that were in front of you the entire time. To truly benefit from his consultations, I recommend having some familiarity with his training/life philosophies beforehand. However; if you are not familiar, you won’t be disappointed either.
kpoff

Previous

Return to Q&A with Johnny Pain