JP Consult Experience

Your direct line to Johnny Pain himself. All questions will be answered based on JP's availability. Ask away!

Re: JP Consult Experience

Postby zackNECKmcmenamin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:59 am

BillScott wrote:Hey Zach....congratulations from a Lyco grad class of "78.

Thank you bill!
zackNECKmcmenamin

Postby MJT77 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:02 am

Had my second consult with JP yesterday. the first i had some months back, we talked about my goals/where i'm at and how to lay out a plan to get there. the hole experience is defiantly a must.
every aspect of training - nutrition - lifestyle are covered and a lot of off topic things as well to help add to the experience. I really like the fact JP also listens to my opinions on things and we discuss the options available to get me where i need to go, it is not buy any means some just guy telling you what you need to do/eat and saying do 12 reps of this and 3 sets of that, it is all tailor made to your goals,situation,lifestyle, etc...

On the 2nd consult we talked about how things are going and what is needed now. he gave me a in depth training plan for the immediate future, and more great tips on certain aspects of my most difficult lifts.

I recommend this for anyone at any level. Money well spent.
MJT77

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:54 pm

I had a consult with JP 1 year ago. Since then I have put on 20 pounds and my waist still measures the same. I had to buy new underwear, and all new uniforms for work.
My wife says It was deffinately worth the money, Water Park Effect (WPE).

Oh and now people ask me how long I’ve been powerlifting, and routinely start conversations with me about their workouts for no reason. :D
Blue Print to Beast finally stopped me from worrying about the 10% and focus on the stuff that matters.
Commitment, Consistency, Healthy Food and HARD WORK.
TAYLORCANNON

Postby sharktopus » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:57 pm

I had my consult with JP earlier today and it was a really good experience. I know a lot of people are on the fence about doing a consultation, myself included, because you're never really sure you're going to get your moneys worth. I can tell you that this is not the case with JP, and I have spent money on consults with others in the past, so I should know :lol: . From start to finish, this consultation was worth the money. Like others have said, he doesn't just get on the line and say "this is what you're going to do, and this is how you're going to do it." Everything is adjusted to work with your lifestyle so you can enjoy doing it rather than look at it as a chore.

One of my biggest hang ups has always been nutrition. I am obsessive by nature (another thing JP is helping me with :lol: ), and I tend to overthink everything, including details that won't make a bit of difference. We had a good talk about that, and I went away knowing how I need to be eating and not having any concerns about it. That says a lot right there, because I would drive myself crazy with diet details in the past.

The conversation was really enjoyable and it was like talking to an old friend. I'd recommend to anyone that's on the fence to go ahead and do it, you won't be disappointed. John genuinely cares about seeing the people here succeed and that is apparent in every question he asks and each piece of advice he gives. I'm looking forward to making some great progress in 2012 with his help.
sharktopus

Postby Erds » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 pm

I had my consult with JP last night and it was much different and much better than I had expected. JP's consultation was extremely motivational, and its not a canned motivational speech, it was directed at my own situation. I now have clearly defined goals and easy changes to make to my own program that will get me where I want to be composition wise in no time. I really should have done a consultation months ago. Its well worth the investment. Thanks JP!
Erds

Postby deets2000 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:06 pm

I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with John. I recently spoke with him in regards to my wife and myself and was thoroughly satisfied with our conversation. The consultation is well worth the time and money. There aren't many opportunities in life to talk one on one with an individual of John's demeanor and knowledge. John is a coach in the truest sense and I am excited to work with him in the future.
-Jason Diedrich
deets2000

Postby MacTod » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:14 am

I just had my consult with JP. I've been an avid follower on this site, and have bought all of his e-books. I've been following the GSLP and Swole for three and a half months and been having great success. I wasn't sure that I needed a consult, or what more it would even give me that I don't already have access to in the e-books and in the forums. But hey, hes having a sale, what the hell. I felt like I owed him money anyways because of the amazing job he does in these forums for no charge. Listening to what he had to say couldn't hurt. So I whipped up a few questions and figured we'd be in and out in twenty minutes.

An hour and twenty minutes later and I realised I totally forgot about my questions, and when I looked at them they didn't seem to matter anymore. I do have access to the mechanics, to the programming, thats not what was missing. What was missing was some sort of direction, some sort of goal, some sort of destination besides "in better shape", whatever the hell that means. Get your head in the right place, and your body will follow. One hour and twenty minutes and my outlook has completely changed, and for the first time my mind seems clear.

It wasn't what I expected, but it was exactly what I needed. And if you are serious about training and making changes to your body and your lifestyle, calling John should be a no brainer.
MacTod

Postby setzer22 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:11 pm

MacTod wrote:Get your head in the right place

I had my consult with JP over a week and half ago and since then have been trying to come up with the perfect forum post to hopefully encourage others to take that next step towards there goals. The only problem is that everyone in this thread has already articulated it better than I could have.

I also had purchased and read all of JP's books before the consult and was well aware of all of the mechanics because I had been using them for several months. I wasn't sure if a consult would really help to push me along but I felt I owed it to myself to see if there were things I was missing, and boy was there. Going into the conversation I expected that what was going to make the biggest change would be something like, "Ok, I just want 50g of whey in this shake not 75g like you are using," or "Let's start at 8 sets of 15 pushups" but what I got was much more than that. As simply as I can put it I got a "get your fuckin mind right" speech, but that can't even begin to encompass some of the ideals JP instilled upon me in our conversation. It sounds stupid but you can be doing everything right, and if you are constantly doubting its effectiveness it won't work to its potential. Having the right mental focus is what is going to bring about the changes you want to see.
I feel there is no better coach than JP that will allow you to still live a fun, full of excitement lifestyle all while bringing about these positive changes you want to see.
As a final note I would also like to point out that obviously JP is a business man but I feel the monetary gain isn't the only reason he is in this industry, he truly cares about those he is working with. I had originally scheduled an hour but due to some technical difficulties and real life interferences JP decided it was only fair to go way over our scheduled time all on his dime (read: paid for an hour, got two instead), that's just the kind of cat he is.

I hope that my rambling may encourage others to take that next step towards a better self. Get at him, you won't be disappointed.
setzer22

Postby cb11b87 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 pm

I have to second what setzer said about his consult experience.

I had my consult with JP yesterday, and it was nothing like I expected - and I mean that in an entirely positive way. JP starts with the most important stuff: the grey matter between your ears. Much of what he talked about I had heard through various iterations of athletic coaching and a few of the books I had read. The difference is that JP is a been-there, done-that individual. That being said, when he breaks it down, there's some major credibility behind it. This part of the consult was a lot of fun. JP gave me some real-life examples of these ideas, and gave me a sort of daily homework assignment to reinforce what we talked about.

As for the physical training, JP outlined a clear blueprint for the near future with clear tasks and outcomes. JP listened to my desired endstate and worked backwards from there, giving clear explanations every time I was confused about the "why" behind his training methodology.

Similar to what others mentioned, JP went well over the scheduled time, and the conversation was less lecture and more like a chat between two friends.

If you haven't done a consult - do it. You'll be impressed, and JP will give you the tools to get your mind right!
cb11b87

Postby FlatNine » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 am

**** I posted this in the wrong area and am correcting that now. ****

I can think of a thousand ways to spend my money, so just me coming back back for a second consult with JP should tell you how much I regard his opinion. My original consult in the fall of 2010 got my numbers up to 315, 365, 265, and 140 for squat, dead, bench, and press respectively. (all for 5 reps or more) I almost hate to say the phrase "JP's opinion" when talking about the consult because there is really no opinion about it - JP applies proven training science acquired through his years of real world experience. I am proof. Last year I told John I wanted to get strong and build some mass and I did - 30 pounds of it. So this year, with some new goals in mind, (more strength with some body recomp) JP was the first person I thought of. Why screw with success?

I'm not the kind to blow smoke, and honestly, it would be better for me if *less* people knew about JP because I would have an unfair advantage. But - I was really happy last time, and I'm happy again this time. JP knows what he's doing, and can set you up with the programming, diet, and psychological aspects that will make you reach your goals. Your choice, but if you want success - contact John for a consult. I'm fired up big time and think I can hit my 405 squat by my 52 birthday this summer!

*** Additional thoughts ***
With the changes John made to my overall program, I have been hungry for my next workouts. I don't seem to have that stale feeling anymore. One change was to create some new daily habits that would help to combat a job where I sit at a desk all day. I am really looking forward to how this all unfolds and the results I get, which is really the bottom line. JP - many thanks!!
FlatNine

PreviousNext

Return to Q&A with Johnny Pain