Villanous Challenges

Your direct line to Johnny Pain himself. All questions will be answered based on JP's availability. Ask away!

Villanous Challenges

Postby Ricky » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:25 pm

Hey JP. Loving reading back thru the challenges. To give my joints a break from the pounding of heavy weights. Iv decided to try and centre my training around the challenges. To jazz up and already jazz happy list I'm planning to swap steele's squat challenge for power cleans. I night also swap the pressup one for weighted dips.

What i wanted to know is are there plans for anymore challenges? I'm sure uv got some interesting/crazy things in ur head that could be done with is swings farmers walks, sprints etc etc.

The people want more punishment Jp haha.

I'm interested to see the physical changes all these challnges (and training for them) can bring.

Richard
Ricky

Re: Villanous Challenges

Postby johnnypain » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:03 pm

You never know Ricky, I may just unleash a few more on all of you this year.
Follow me on Twitter @thejohnnypain http://twitter.com/#!/thejohnnypain

Ebook titles available by Johnny Pain
http://strengthvillain.myshopify.com/collections/ebooks
johnnypain
Site Admin

Postby Flex Luthor » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:28 am

I feel like a bitch for not having completed any of them yet. They've been up for a minute.

The best time to plant an oak tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
Flex Luthor

Postby Ricky » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:28 pm

Flex Luthor wrote:I feel like a bitch for not having completed any of them yet. They've been up for a minute.

The best time to plant an oak tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

Haha too right my friend. Given that I am trying to base my trainng around them just now to give joints a break. I am looking for any suggestions on the ebst way to set up the day/week given that some could be done once a day, or once/twice a week, and others could be done several times a week.

Im also throwing in a KB swings challenge....SOmething like 50 on day one and add 10,20,30 etc (still to decide) on day and go from there.

Richard
Ricky

Postby Flex Luthor » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:51 am

Ricky wrote:
Flex Luthor wrote:I feel like a bitch for not having completed any of them yet. They've been up for a minute.

Haha too right my friend. Given that I am trying to base my trainng around them just now to give joints a break. I am looking for any suggestions on the ebst way to set up the day/week given that some could be done once a day, or once/twice a week, and others could be done several times a week.

Im also throwing in a KB swings challenge....SOmething like 50 on day one and add 10,20,30 etc (still to decide) on day and go from there.

Richard

Right now I'm doing something similar, focusing on fat loss and working on some challenges I've neglected. I'm doing 2 strength workouts a week and hitting everything else hard daily.

I do frequency method pushups and chins 6 days a week. In the past few months I've gone from doing sets of 10 sets of 10 to 16 sets of 35 a day. I hate burpees a lot, but I did make a pretty good run at them awhile back. I just started with 3 sets of 10, 6 days a week.

One of my strength workouts features a bodyweight squat for reps.

Still have some shoulder issues and am leery of the ruck, but if I were to tackle it I'd start with one mile rucks twice a week.

If you are eating well and sleeping well, you should be able to work on all 5 challenges while still doing barbell workouts.
Flex Luthor

Return to Q&A with Johnny Pain