New Forum

Talk amongst yourselves. The more "off topic" the better.

Re: New Forum

Postby sam » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:52 am

boyvillain wrote:Yo my dudes! I was talking in another threat about creating a FB Team Room. Someone suggested I hit up JP which I did but haven't heard back after a few attempts. I have seen a lot of other threads get thrown up for a place to log training and communicate but I finally just decided to create a FB Group for us if anyone is interested. I get FB is lame AF but it's an easy place to quickly communicate and we can use other forum methods like here or elsewhere to log training progress if desired.

Not trying to step on anyone else's toes or thread ideas but wanted to throw it up. Add yo self and I approve it. If there are any Villain Vets in here let me know and I can add you as admins.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/517109361973604/

That's cool man, I did think of doing something similar with FB, but then came across those same things you mentioned. Figured a forum would be better so people can log thier workouts, things can be categorised more efficiently, and I thought users might want to keep thier anonymity.

Just keep both options open I guess! If facebook takes off better then Im all for it. Maybe they can both be used together somehow.
sam

Postby boyvillain » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:01 am

Yeah you obviously can't really log workouts or anything. I thought it would be a nice and quick place for people to have somewhere to chat it up and talk about stuff. I don't know if it will take off or not but if people want to use it I say lets go for it! Doesn't seem like there is too much interest so far though lol.
Last edited by boyvillain on Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Getting fit as fuck....The Greyskull Way.
boyvillain

Postby sam » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:05 pm

Its all good!
sam

Postby sam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:30 pm

Still got the new forum up for any of these new members that actually want to post questions and/or keep a log.

On the new forum they'll be able to post as much as they like straight away without any limits, unlike here, where no one new can post!

Though it's looking like a lost cause at the moment but nevermind, will keep it up for the time being.

http://sv-forum.12416.n8.nabble.com

Hope the fb group is going well. Keep meaning to join
sam

Postby SoldierSailorHybrid » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:28 am

sam wrote:Still got the new forum up for any of these new members that actually want to post questions and/or keep a log.

On the new forum they'll be able to post as much as they like straight away without any limits, unlike here, where no one new can post!

Though it's looking like a lost cause at the moment but nevermind, will keep it up for the time being.

Hope the fb group is going well. Keep meaning to join

It's still a great place, this new forum of yours. I recently posted a couple program variants I've used fairly recently too...
"Essayons - Let us try." -Motto, US Army Corps of Engineers

"So Others May Live." -Ethos of US Navy Search and Rescue Swimmer
SoldierSailorHybrid

Postby Berserker » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:51 am

I just signed up Sam, I'll start a log soon. Not really following a program at the moment because I'm training for a Spartan Race in 2 weeks.
Berserker

Postby sam » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:49 am

Ace man! It's our little corner of the internet!

Not sure on whether I should retitle it something else though. Maybe SV forum is a bit too boring!
sam

Postby Berserker » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:55 pm

It's not necessarily boring, but I guess it's not obvious from the name what the forum's about.
Berserker

Postby sam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:35 am

I have retitled the site, the GSLP Barbell Training Forum.

I think you can still get there with the same link:

sam

Postby sam » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:43 am

New member in the new forum asking about squat and dead alternatives for an injury, if anyone has some suggestions head on over! Cheers.
sam

PreviousNext

Return to The Team Room