Burpee Challenge...

Talk amongst yourselves. The more "off topic" the better.

Burpee Challenge...

Postby sam » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:00 pm

I wonder, if we set up a new challenge here, would it get this forum up and active again?

There's got to be a load of users who are actually able to post... Would anyone be interested?
sam

Re: Burpee Challenge...

Postby Briceps » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:16 pm

I might be interested. Once my competitive season is over I'm going to go full fledged on the "get super lean" train and burpees would be a nice addition.

Any one experience back pain from burpees? I did them a few weeks ago and my lower back was all sorts of jacked up.
Briceps

Postby sam » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:57 am

Well recently I've just been going high volume with the burpees when I can, using pyramid rep scheme etc..

However, I have been tempted by the prison burpee challenge - goals such as 20 down to 1 reps in 20 minutes, 30 down to 1 reps in 30 minutes... I got to that 'level 20' before just going high volume.
sam

Postby BuffDrinkLots » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:41 pm

I am interested - but I haven't done a burpee for a while (heck, the last time I did a significant amount of these, they we simply called "up/downs"
BuffDrinkLots

Postby Bruce » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:21 am

Briceps wrote:I might be interested. Once my competitive season is over I'm going to go full fledged on the "get super lean" train and burpees would be a nice addition.

Any one experience back pain from burpees? I did them a few weeks ago and my lower back was all sorts of jacked up.

Back pain on burpees? I've had clients complain about back pain on occasion and the two culprits are usually that they're not keeping abs tight when they go to the floor (back looks like a U, hips hit before chest) and/or they're not "squatting" to the floor or off the floor but instead are bending at the waist.

Edit: I can also see back pain being caused by catching yourself after the jump instead of sinking right back into your knees
Bruce

Postby sam » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Right so everyone knows the burpee villain challenge from GSLP, but this one's a bit different.

This challenge focusses on a lot more reps at a slightly lower speed, but it's still very intense.

The goal is, for each level, to complete a ladder of burpees in a certain time frame. If you beat the time limit, you move up to the next level.

The level, max rep set and time limit are all in sync with one another.

E.g.

Level 10 would be 10 sets, looking like:

1 rep
2 rep
3 rep
9 rep
10 rep

All to be completed in 10 minutes.

If you beat the time frame you move up to level 11.

To beat level 11 you would need to do 11 ladder sets in 11 minutes...

This might seem easy at first but get up above level 20 and it gets hard as hell.

From my experience thus far, before my holiday blowout, and from others experiences, it gets people pretty athletic pretty quick.
sam

Postby boyvillain » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:55 am

I dig the Level challenge. I was previously doing the GS Villain burpee challenge but it fell to the wayside. This would a great implementation of the concept. I may have to add this in!

Awesome idea.
Getting fit as fuck....The Greyskull Way.
boyvillain

Postby sam » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:19 pm

Yeah I was chatting to guy about it before. He got to like level 25, pushing for level 30. Guy was ripped as hell.

I'm gunna restart these in my log here:

http://sv-forum.12416.n8.nabble.com/Sam-s-Log-td7.html
sam

Return to The Team Room