Stalls per reset?

Talk amongst yourselves. The more "off topic" the better.

Stalls per reset?

Postby sam » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:21 am

How many stalls do you have at a set weight before you guys reset 10%?
sam

Re: Stalls per reset?

Postby BuffDrinkLots » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:20 am

Hey.

If i would miss hitting 5 reps on the last set, i usually attempt to hit the same exact weight just once more, if i fail, i reset. if i get at least 5 on last set, i progress.

The reason i said usually, is because if it was something like 5/5/4, 4/4/4 or 3/4/4, i will hit it again(just once); but if the sets/reps were a clusterfxxx, like 2/3/3 or 2/1/1 - I would reset immediately.

I believe the new edition(3rd) of GSLP has some tips on progressing with smaller increments; but i am not sure how he has that laid out since i haven't bought the book(yet). FYI, I have used smaller increments when progress on the upper body lifts(like Press), but i don't have a systerm for this... It's more of a gut feeling thing for me...and It does help break thru a true stall.

Stay villainous
BuffDrinkLots

Postby sam » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Cheers man sounds good.
sam

Postby Bruce » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:10 am

I usually go with 3 attempts at a weight before I recommend a reset. This gives you 10-14 days and eliminates some of the external stuff that'll cause a bad lifting day (busy weekend, work stuff, bad nights sleep, underfed for a day, catching a cold, etc). I'm learning as I get older that some of that seemingly small stuff will impact my next training day or two way more than when I was younger
Bruce

Return to The Team Room