What the hell happened here?

Talk amongst yourselves. The more "off topic" the better.

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby Berserker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:30 am

Bruce wrote:When I sign in it pretty regularly says "Welcone new member _____" but never see anyone posting. I guess people register to ask JP a question but don't get a response and don't come back?


That's exactly the issue... unless JP responds and authorises the posts they never show, and the new people will never be able to use the forum.
Berserker
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:51 am

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby Bruce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:55 am

Oh yeah, I forgot you had to have a few posts approved before you could post freely on the other sub forums.
Bruce
 
Posts: 333
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 am
Location: New Jersey

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby Briceps » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:13 am

I wonder then if somehow that rule changed the forum would return to it's old self, or at least the traffic would increase to something slightly less abysmal.
Briceps
 
Posts: 613
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby sam » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:01 am

Briceps wrote:I wonder then if somehow that rule changed the forum would return to it's old self, or at least the traffic would increase to something slightly less abysmal.


I reckon so.

We could just start a new forum, exactly the same, but no ' ask JP' section. Send everyone from here to the new forum.
sam
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:19 am

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby Berserker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:20 pm

sam wrote:
Briceps wrote:I wonder then if somehow that rule changed the forum would return to it's old self, or at least the traffic would increase to something slightly less abysmal.


I reckon so.

We could just start a new forum, exactly the same, but no ' ask JP' section. Send everyone from here to the new forum.


If that rule changed we'd at least get some new people on here.

A new forum won't get new people in the door though, it would be the same people posting on a different forum!
Berserker
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:51 am

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby sam » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:34 am

Berserker wrote:
sam wrote:
Briceps wrote:I wonder then if somehow that rule changed the forum would return to it's old self, or at least the traffic would increase to something slightly less abysmal.


I reckon so.

We could just start a new forum, exactly the same, but no ' ask JP' section. Send everyone from here to the new forum.


If that rule changed we'd at least get some new people on here.

A new forum won't get new people in the door though, it would be the same people posting on a different forum!


I meant redirect people from here to a new forum where theres no waiting to get authorised to post rule. Anyone that comes here to sign up and post, and finds out theyre unable to, could then go to the new forum and have no problems! So you would get new people coming in...

It could be a 'use this new forum for now until SV gets up and running again' kinda deal.

Anyway things might change with the new book release...
sam
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:19 am

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby sam » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:37 am

Guys I made this forum if anyone's interested:

http://gs-forum.11922.n8.nabble.com

Hopefully get some new members and more chit chat. If it doesnt work then nevermind!
sam
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:19 am

Previous

Return to The Team Room

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests