What the hell happened here?

Talk amongst yourselves. The more "off topic" the better.

Re: What the hell happened here?

Postby sam » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:34 am

Where have all the forum members moved on to?
How can we get this community booming again?
Any ideas the few members left here?
sam

Postby Briceps » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:56 pm

sam wrote:Where have all the forum members moved on to?
How can we get this community booming again?
Any ideas the few members left here?

Man I've thought the same thing for awhile. I've thought about paying the $5 a month for Wendler's forum but I'd rather just keep this going. The SS forums turns me off for a few reasons. Not sure what to do. JP's involvement in the strength community is pretty minimal and that's why I think this site goes so little traffic.
Briceps

Postby sam » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:58 am

Yeah same. Wendlers is probably the better of those two.

I think many have moved to Welbourn's site and stuff, crossfit football and all the other programs they have now.. but again you have to pay for those services.

I have tried emailing JP and even Petenerd about it, trying to get the forums going, but nothing yet.

Perhaps we should set up a new 'Greyskull Methods Forum'? Haha
sam

Postby Berserker » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:35 am

Unfortunately without JP giving a shit about the forum there's nothing we can do. New members have to have several posts approved by JP before they can join the forum. It took JP 4 weeks to approve mine when he actually participated so there's probably loads of new members that have tried to join and been ignored. The GSLP book gives you a link to this forum saying you can ask JP anything... probably not giving a great first impression. I know I probably won't buy anything from JP again. He sells courses on how to be a great business man... first rule should be look after your customers.

Unless we can get someone else to moderate the forum it's going to die, unfortunately.

Sorry for the rant :D
Berserker

Postby BeardSkull13 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:36 pm

X
Last edited by BeardSkull13 on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BeardSkull13

Postby sam » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:28 am

BeardSkull13 wrote:This had a good group of people going but everybody should just realize its run its course and its over. Find a new forum to be a part of. T-nation has a good group. Starting Strength is another good one, even if some don't like Mr. Rippetoe's sarcasm (I find it funny), there's other forums on the site. Lots of good info over there.

I realized this thing was mostly bullshit a long time ago.

Find a forum run by someone with a lot of credibility who isn't trying to put on a fake image or sell you on bullshit. If you use your head, its not too hard to figure this stuff out and see through the facade. Do some research.

In my opinion, JP tweaked a program that didn't need tweaking, renamed it, dazzled it up with baddassery and people ate it up. Then he used his world-class expertise in a variety of other subjects to publish more e-books. He was able to sell some books and good on him for doing so. But that run is obviously over, and if people ain't buying his books or programs how can you honestly expect him to give a shit about this forum? Its not making him any money anymore. He's probably raking in the dough as a self-help guru nowadays.

Have a great day everyone.

I get the criticisms of the forum, maybe I'll move onto the ss one.

But are we now saying that GSLP isnt any good??
sam

Postby IronSkull » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:47 am

BeardSkull13 wrote:This had a good group of people going but everybody should just realize its run its course and its over. Find a new forum to be a part of. T-nation has a good group. Starting Strength is another good one, even if some don't like Mr. Rippetoe's sarcasm (I find it funny), there's other forums on the site. Lots of good info over there.

I realized this thing was mostly bullshit a long time ago.

Find a forum run by someone with a lot of credibility who isn't trying to put on a fake image or sell you on bullshit. If you use your head, its not too hard to figure this stuff out and see through the facade. Do some research.

In my opinion, JP tweaked a program that didn't need tweaking, renamed it, dazzled it up with baddassery and people ate it up. Then he used his world-class expertise in a variety of other subjects to publish more e-books. He was able to sell some books and good on him for doing so. But that run is obviously over, and if people ain't buying his books or programs how can you honestly expect him to give a shit about this forum? Its not making him any money anymore. He's probably raking in the dough as a self-help guru nowadays.

Have a great day everyone.

Bit of a contradiction to your other post :roll:

This forum died years ago people. Starting strength is just full of Rippetoe nut huggers and trolls trying to wind up Rippetoe.

I joined Jim Wendlers forum a year ago and I'm glad I did. Full of like minded people who don't belittle you because you like running or "don't weigh over 200lbs" etc etc.

As for GSLP. I like it Alot and I did very well on it. So have plenty of others I know. Plenty have on other programmes out there. People have to remember it's just lifting weights, you're not curing cancer.
Eat to win, train to win, and condition to win!!
IronSkull

Postby BeardSkull13 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:40 am

Nothing contradictory.

Of course GSLP is a good program. It was tweaked from SS, everybody knows this. The main differences are the AMRAP sets and the conditioning work between lifting sessions.

JP is a smart guy and tried to make it more optimal for a certain group of people.

Being as smart as he is, he could have a big following. I used to think that was a shame, but I now realize he just has other interests in mind, obviously.

I'm happy that he leaves the forum up even though there's not much activity.

And any forum has "nuthuggers."
BeardSkull13

Postby IronSkull » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:27 am

BeardSkull13 wrote:Nothing contradictory.

Of course GSLP is a good program. It was tweaked from SS, everybody knows this. The main differences are the AMRAP sets and the conditioning work between lifting sessions.

JP is a smart guy and tried to make it more optimal for a certain group of people.

Being as smart as he is, he could have a big following. I used to think that was a shame, but I now realize he just has other interests in mind, obviously.

I'm happy that he leaves the forum up even though there's not much activity.

And any forum has "nuthuggers."

Yep I agree. It's actually piss easy to start a free forum up. We had one going for years a while back. It was a place to talk training, life, have your training log etc. If you keep the trolls at bay it can be good.
Eat to win, train to win, and condition to win!!
IronSkull

Postby Bruce » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:35 am

When I sign in it pretty regularly says "Welcone new member _____" but never see anyone posting. I guess people register to ask JP a question but don't get a response and don't come back?
Bruce

PreviousNext

Return to The Team Room