Re: NLP & the Power of Habit

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:42 am

Meals going well this week

6 eggs over easy, 1 bagel with c/cheese, 1 banana, 1 fiber drink

Spark and Creatine on the way to work

meat loaf and an orange

8oz, chicken breast, 1 cup broccoli, 1 cup rice

meal replacement shake, 2 scoops protein

what ever the wife makes me for dinner (plus 1 can of chicken if required)

Gordons tilapia fillets - this one has been hit or miss based on missing meals at work and making them up in the evening.

Right now the goal is to replace drinking alcohol with eating all of this food.
Once that is 100%, I will increase food so that i gain 2-4 pounds per month.
Blue Print to Beast finally stopped me from worrying about the 10% and focus on the stuff that matters.
Commitment, Consistency, World Class Nutrition and Hard Work.
TAYLORCANNON

Postby Briceps » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:44 am

Solid! What is your plan right now? Gain, lean out, recomp?
Briceps

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:54 am

Briceps wrote:Solid! What is your plan right now? Gain, lean out, recomp?

GAIN
Blue Print to Beast finally stopped me from worrying about the 10% and focus on the stuff that matters.
TAYLORCANNON

Postby SNAKE-EYES » Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:55 pm

Looking good! Your log shows your level of motivation and focus, it's awesome to see. I am big on audiobooks and find great benefit in being able to listen while driving or even while I am at work or doing things around the house. As Bruce said check out your local library for audiobooks, a lot of the time if they don't have something you want they will even transfer it from another library so you can check it out if possible. Many libraries now also use apps so that you can "check out" audiobooks by downloading them to your phone using your library card information, we use one called Overdrive and some other. I also use audible and buy credits when they offer sales, as well as whenever they run 3 for 2 sales or the like. Normally I get 2 books a month and consider it a worthwhile expense to enhance my life. You can always supplement with free podcasts as well, there are a ton worth checking out.

The title of your log reminded me of a study I came across recently. It showed that when you run out of willpower you revert to your old habits-which makes sense. But the important part is that those can be good habits and not just bad ones. It seems obvious, but thinking about it made me realize in a different light that once you have stuck with a positive change long enough to make it a habit, you no longer have to exert willpower to do it, it is the new normal. At that point you have effectively raised the standard, and as you try and build from there even if you fail, you revert back to a good habit rather than a bad one. It is how you make lasting change-by making things you once struggled to do just an automatic part of your life. From that point you can improve from your new higher/better "normal" and keep refining from there.

Sorry if this seemed like a rant-it is something that I have been thinking a lot about lately and you seem to be on a similar wavelength so I thought I would share. Keep up the good work!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination.
SNAKE-EYES

Postby Bruce » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:28 pm

I like that bit about reverting back to a better "normal". Makes perfect sense but I never thought of that. Something to keep in mind when I feel like skipping one of the new things I'm trying to make a habit
Bruce

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:45 am

SNAKE-EYES wrote:Looking good! Your log shows your level of motivation and focus, it's awesome to see. I am big on audiobooks and find great benefit in being able to listen while driving or even while I am at work or doing things around the house. As Bruce said check out your local library for audiobooks, a lot of the time if they don't have something you want they will even transfer it from another library so you can check it out if possible. Many libraries now also use apps so that you can "check out" audiobooks by downloading them to your phone using your library card information, we use one called Overdrive and some other. I also use audible and buy credits when they offer sales, as well as whenever they run 3 for 2 sales or the like. Normally I get 2 books a month and consider it a worthwhile expense to enhance my life. You can always supplement with free podcasts as well, there are a ton worth checking out.

The title of your log reminded me of a study I came across recently. It showed that when you run out of willpower you revert to your old habits-which makes sense. But the important part is that those can be good habits and not just bad ones. It seems obvious, but thinking about it made me realize in a different light that once you have stuck with a positive change long enough to make it a habit, you no longer have to exert willpower to do it, it is the new normal. At that point you have effectively raised the standard, and as you try and build from there even if you fail, you revert back to a good habit rather than a bad one. It is how you make lasting change-by making things you once struggled to do just an automatic part of your life. From that point you can improve from your new higher/better "normal" and keep refining from there.

Sorry if this seemed like a rant-it is something that I have been thinking a lot about lately and you seem to be on a similar wavelength so I thought I would share. Keep up the good work!

You are right about a new normal and falling back on better habits.

The difference from reverting back to an old "bad" habit vs your newer "good" habit, is relative to the amount of belief you have.
This belief is what allows one AA member make it through a rough patch vs one with no belief that falls back on the addiction.
TAYLORCANNON

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:04 pm

Slowly increasing lift numbers.
Really need to hit the cardio harder.
Forward deployed routine is coming soon.
TAYLORCANNON

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:14 pm

up 30 lbs on my lifts

still need to do my cardio
TAYLORCANNON

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:20 am

Finally feeling some gains coming on.

Dropped the deadlift weight and refocused on my back position. I really feel my Hams and glutes more.
Squats are now max rep on Monday and Heavy set on friday.
TAYLORCANNON

Postby TAYLORCANNON » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:49 pm

Best books this year

3 steps from gold (an update to think and grow rich)
The Travelers gift
Wild at heart
TAYLORCANNON

Previous

Return to Villain Vet Logs