Bruce's Training Log

Been there done that

Re: Bruce's Training Log

Postby Berserker » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Hope the surgery went well buddy, that's some pretty impressive weights just a couple of weeks later.

I'd definitely recommend Spartan Race... they're great fun and a good all round challenge. Unfortunately you do seem to be the only one still going on here. I check in every now and then to see if it's picked up but no luck. I keep thinking of starting my log again but it's quite a lot of work for nobody to look at.
Berserker

Postby Bruce » Mon May 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Berserker wrote:Hope the surgery went well buddy, that's some pretty impressive weights just a couple of weeks later.

I'd definitely recommend Spartan Race... they're great fun and a good all round challenge. Unfortunately you do seem to be the only one still going on here. I check in every now and then to see if it's picked up but no luck. I keep thinking of starting my log again but it's quite a lot of work for nobody to look at.

I agree. I haven't started a log elsewhere yet but when I do it'll be easy enough to copy and paste here too in case this site comes back. How did you make out with Alhruse's program?

Also I'm going to be in London for a few days in June. I know you're from the UK, anywhere near the city? Any recommendations on pubs, restaurants, or gyms?
Bruce

Postby Bruce » Mon May 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Training update...

I'm one month removed from the hernia operation (April 14). Been lifting 2-3 days a week. Squat 3 sets of 5, bench or press 3 sets of 5 (alternating each workout), and DL 1 set of 5. I added curls and chins on alternating days last week too. Been making 10-15 Lb jumps on the big lifts. I can probably do that for another week or 2 then I'm gonna start doing cleans on the middle day of the week, DL on 1st and 3rd days, and taking 5 lb jumps on squat for as long as I can. I'll likely have to separate squats and DL to different days a few weeks after that. Hopefully I can get squat and DL close to 400x5 again and bench to at least 315 again then move on to some different type of training for a little while.

Today's weights:

Squat 295x5x3
Bench 235x5x3
DL 335x5
Chins BWx6x3
Press (Saturday, May 13) 135x5x3 (145 on weds the 17th)
Bruce

Postby Bruce » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:42 am

Just a little update...

Was working my LP and was going well but had a few hiccups and inconsistent training in June. Beginning in July, I've been doing an adapted version of LCI with all bodyweight work as the "C" component. Started easy and am slowly adding volume to the BW stuff on a weekly basis.

Here's my layout:

Monday
Squat 3 sets of 5
Press 3 sets of 5

Circuit:
Pushups
Chins
Walking lunges

Sled intervals.

Tuesday
Snatch - 5 sets of 3

Circuit:
Dips
TRX row
GHR
Knee raises

Conditioning

Thursday
Deadlift - 1 set of 5
Bench - 3 sets of 5

Same circuit as Monday

Conditioning

Friday
Squat - 3 sets of 5
Power clean - 5 sets of 3

Same circuit as Tuesday

Weights for next workouts: Squat - 350, Press - 175, DL 375, Bench 265, Snatch 105 (LOL), Clean 135 (also pretty bad)
As usual with a new program, I'm feeling pretty beat up in the 3rd week after feeling pretty good the 1st two weeks. Hopefully next week is back on track.
Bruce

Previous

Return to Villain Vet Logs