Bruce's Training Log

Been there done that

Re: Bruce's Training Log

Postby Berserker » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 pm

Hope the surgery went well buddy, that's some pretty impressive weights just a couple of weeks later.

I'd definitely recommend Spartan Race... they're great fun and a good all round challenge. Unfortunately you do seem to be the only one still going on here. I check in every now and then to see if it's picked up but no luck. I keep thinking of starting my log again but it's quite a lot of work for nobody to look at.
Berserker

Postby Bruce » Mon May 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Berserker wrote:Hope the surgery went well buddy, that's some pretty impressive weights just a couple of weeks later.

I'd definitely recommend Spartan Race... they're great fun and a good all round challenge. Unfortunately you do seem to be the only one still going on here. I check in every now and then to see if it's picked up but no luck. I keep thinking of starting my log again but it's quite a lot of work for nobody to look at.

I agree. I haven't started a log elsewhere yet but when I do it'll be easy enough to copy and paste here too in case this site comes back. How did you make out with Alhruse's program?

Also I'm going to be in London for a few days in June. I know you're from the UK, anywhere near the city? Any recommendations on pubs, restaurants, or gyms?
Bruce

Postby Bruce » Mon May 15, 2017 3:26 pm

Training update...

I'm one month removed from the hernia operation (April 14). Been lifting 2-3 days a week. Squat 3 sets of 5, bench or press 3 sets of 5 (alternating each workout), and DL 1 set of 5. I added curls and chins on alternating days last week too. Been making 10-15 Lb jumps on the big lifts. I can probably do that for another week or 2 then I'm gonna start doing cleans on the middle day of the week, DL on 1st and 3rd days, and taking 5 lb jumps on squat for as long as I can. I'll likely have to separate squats and DL to different days a few weeks after that. Hopefully I can get squat and DL close to 400x5 again and bench to at least 315 again then move on to some different type of training for a little while.

Today's weights:

Squat 295x5x3
Bench 235x5x3
DL 335x5
Chins BWx6x3
Press (Saturday, May 13) 135x5x3 (145 on weds the 17th)
Bruce

Previous

Return to Villain Vet Logs