Dieter's Strength Trek

New kids on the block

Moderators: AtlasDeadlifted, sapper09, Bony, Aliaga the Powerful, Danimal1991

Re: Dieter's Strength Trek

Postby Dieter » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:12 pm

2/9/12
Decline: 195x2x5,10 (chest stretch)
Nautilus Preacher Curl: 95x15, 110x10 (Bicep stretch)
Squats: 225x10 no belt (hamstring stretch)

I missed a day in the gym because my allergies were killing me and didn't want to get snot all over the gym. I was in and out today in about 30 minutes but everything felt good. I wanted to ease back into squatting today and was going to jusst hit 5 but everything just felt right even without the belt so I hit 10 and had somemore left in the tank easy.

2/10/12
Hit up a rock climb gym today for about an hour. Want some grip, back and core work? Go hit up some rock climbing. I
Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 pm

2/12/12
Seated Shoulder Press in the Rack: 115x2x5,11 (shoulder stretch)
Pullups: BWx9,4,3 w/ straps (back stretch)
Power Cleans: 95,115,125,130,135,140
RDLs: 305x12 w/ straps (forgot hamstring stretch)

Everything felt good today. I really like the seated shoulder press even though it's the first day. It felt really solid. Pullups kinda sucked, but that's expected with all the climbing I've been doing. Power snatches were kinda off too. I was pressing out a few of the last reps. RDLs felt real solid and the lower back is feeling them today which I like.

2/13/12
Recharged and ready to attack life after my consult with JP. More on that in the consult post that will follow later tonight.

Decline Bench: 200x2x5,10
Incline DB Press: 85x7, 75x10 (chest stretch)
Hammer Curls: 40x2x12 (Bicep stretch)
Squats: 225x5x5 (15 deep breaths, which according to Dante is about 30 seconds, between sets)(quad stretch)
Neck Harness: 50x2x50

Music: Cage the Elephant

Great day in the gym. Decline felt a little heavy at first but got easier as the set went on. Incline felt great. I went up in weight and am still killing the reps. Hate hammer curls, but I'm going up next week. Squats were best. I am still working my way back in but they felt good and the short breaks were nothing. Thursday I'll throw 275 on and start working my heavier day back in.
Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 pm

2/16/12
Seated Shoulder Press: 120x2x5,11
About 45 min on the rock climb wall

Median-Median's Relief

I was feeling pretty beat today so I wanted to just hit shoulders and then play for a bit. I woke up in the middle of the night with a jacked up stomach and threw up a bit. I felt squatting might not be the best idea today. I passed up on chins and just played around on the rock wall for a little bit. I hit a line I've been trying for a couple weeks, so it definitely was pretty productive.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:43 pm

2/18/12
Decline Bench: 205x2x5,11 (chest stretch)
Pullover Machine: 225x10 (back stretch)
Nautilus Preacher Curl: 110x2x12 (bicep stretch)
RDLs: 315x12 w/ straps (Hamstring Stretch)

Music: Meek Mill: Ima Boss remix feat. Birdman, Lil Wayne,TI

Decline went well today. I think I will start using my washers soon to make smaller jumps and see how long we can keep this going. Pullover machine was so money. I love that thing. I feel like I'm twice as thick the next next day. I really like the feeling I'm getting from the nautilus. I'm curious to see the shape that will result from these. I didn't have a lot of time so I skipped my power cleans today and went straight to the RDLs. Using straps is really letting me focus on the pull with these. I go pretty low on these so I think the carry over into the deadlift should be pretty good. I really feel it on the low back these last two sessions so I'm going to make smaller jumps in the future. Things are going well though on everything. The reset and change of movements has really helped me gt my motivation back in the gym. I'm really excited to see what my press looks like after I exhaust these seated presses.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:03 am

2/20/12
Seated Press: 125x2x5,11 (shoulder stretch)
Squat: 275x2x5,12

30min. on the rock wall.

Music: Sublime - Safe and Sound

I was supposed to start micro loading today but the weights felt good today. 11 on the last set was a battle but I have been feeling pretty solid handling these weights right now. Back to starting to squat twice a week. This is where I'm going to restart my progression but I'm going to go up 10 lbs till I get into the 8-10 range. They felt good but I know they probably could have been cleaner. It's back to an endurance thing and not an issue of strength while I work my way back into them. I love having the rock wall. I have skipped the past couple chin sessions and have gone and climbed. I think this should be fine for a sub for chins due to all the pulling. It is also a good way to continue to get grip work while I'm using straps in other areas. Great time and I'm having a blast in the gym lately. I just wish I could have a little extra time in the gym, but maybe the lower volume is doing me some good. I can always increase the volume when time is available and I don't think missing one movement is going to impede progress.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:38 am

2/23/12
Decline Bench: 207.5x2x5,9
Incline DB Press: 85x6, 75x8 (chest stretch)
Hammer Curls: 45x8,9 (bicep stretch)
Squats: 225x5x5 (15 breaths between sets)(quad stretch)
Neck Harness: 50x2x50

Music: BoB feat. Lil Wayne - Strange Clouds

I worked out in the morning on this day and might not allowed myself enough time to wake up because I was kinda out of it. On the decline I was getting a little light headed when I would sit up after a set. I charged through and had a productive day. I didn't quite hit what my last session of incline DB presses but I also haven't been consistent with them lately. I went up in weight for the hammers which felt solid. Squats, I remember why I love you so much, it's been too long. After about a month of not squatting much at all I come back and hit a 12 reps at 275, which was 4 reps higher than last time, and now my villain challenge training is feeling more solid than ever. My training is in a good place right now. I can't wait to get back in the gym and hit some heavy RDLs next session.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:52 pm

2/26/12
Seated Press: 127.5x2x5,9
Seated DB Press:75x2, 65x7 (shoulder stretch)
Power Cleans: 135,155,175,185,190
RDLs: 335x10 w/ straps, no belt (hamstring stretch)

30 min. on the rock wall.

Early workout again and once again I'm slow to start on these days. I felt kinda hungry today too. Shoulder presses felt good but I think I probably would have gotten one more if it had been at night. I need to check my log before doing something I haven't done in a while. I grabbed the 75s for DB presses and that was too much. I should have started with 65s. Dropped down for the next set and 65s were money. Power cleans have never felt so solid. I think I easily had 200 if I would have made a couple larger jumps. My wrist is still a little tendor so I don't want to irritate it again. I forgot to put my belt on for RDLs. About 3 reps in I realized I wasn't wearing and looked down at it when I realized it. I was able to grind out 10 reps and felt REAL solid while doing so. Hit the rock wall for 30 minutes or so after the strength stuff. I'm still leaving out the pullups for now but will probably drop them back in when I don't have time to climb or after my grip has gotten used to the increased usage.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:11 am

2/27/12
Decline Bench: 207.5x2x5,9 (chest stretch)
Pullover Machine: 225x10,3,2 (rest pause)(back stretch)
Nautilus Preacher Curl: 125x12,10 (Bicep stretch)
Squat: 280x2x5,10 (quad stretch)
Neck Harness: 55x45,35

This whole week I worked out early this week and am a bigger fan of evening and late afternoon workouts. Decline went well, but I think they probably would have been a little better had I not workout the day before. Switched to rest pause on the pullovers and that shit was rough. I did work but it was difficult. Nautilus preachers have been a good switch. I have been able to focus on the squeeze and by the end of the second set but I can hardly straighten my arms. Squats were in my head because of some tightness in my lower back from RDLs. The first two sets I was not finding the groove and for some reason I can't find the location of the bar on my left shoulder. I think the bar is even but I don't think it is in the same groove on the left as it is on the right. I might put some chalk on the bar and see where it is sitting. Anyways, the last set of squats felt pretty good. I felt like I was staying back myknees where out and things just went smoothly. I'm pretty happy with the workout considering I was a little run down from training the day before. Now next session I have to figure out the bar location and the squats should fly past 325 this go around. I'm also looking forward to flying past 225 on the decline pretty soon. I think that will help me a lot mentally when it comes to having the weight in my hands on the flat bench too.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:50 pm

3/1/12
Seated Press: 130x2x5,9 (Shoulder Stretch)
Squat: 225x5x6 (quad stretch)

30 min. on the rock wall.

Seated press feels really comfortable. I'm really looking forward to geeting back to the standing press. I think I will have seen some pretty good improvement on form if not in strength. Squats were harder than they should have been. The pump in my back was the limiting factor on these. The legs felt fine but my back was toast. The tightness in the back did not help with climbing. I had the worst day of my short climbing life. Guess we'll regroup and attack the wall on Saturday.
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

Postby Dieter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 pm

3/3/12
Decline Bench: 210x2x5,8
Incline Bench: 85x6, 75x8 (chest stretch)
Hammer Curls: 45x10 (bicep stretch)
Power Snatch: 95,115,125,135
RDLs: 345x10 (hamstring stretch)

3/4/12
About an hour on the rock wall

3/5/12
Seated Press: 132.5x2x5,9
Seated DB Press: 70x5, 60x9 (shoulder stretch)
Weighted Pullups: BW+30x5,3 (back stretch weighted +30 lbs)
Squats: 285x2x5,10 (quad stretch)
Neck Harness: 50x2x60
Thomas Jefferson
Dieter

PreviousNext

Return to Beginner Villain Logs