Fit as *#@$!

New kids on the block

Re: Fit as *#@$!

Postby boyvillain » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:46 pm

I sent him a DM today. Hopefully we can get something up and running!
Getting fit as fuck....The Greyskull Way.
boyvillain

Postby sam » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:34 pm

Hey mate was scrolling through insta looking at greyskull tagged shit, seeing if JP is active much nowadays and all and came across a guy called boyvillain? That you? If so howd you find combining lifting and tree surgery?
sam

Postby sam » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:25 pm

P.s. realise that might have seemed creepy but honestly no stalking was intended, just interested as I also work with big ass trees!

Let us know if JP responds!
sam

Postby boyvillain » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:55 pm

No worries, yeah that's me! It's definitely a hard balance for sure. Usually I am wiped at the end of the day so I try to train in the morning as much as I can. Otherwise I tend to let Training go to the wayside. Arbor work is definitely mans work and is a workout in itself, haha!
boyvillain

Postby sam » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:19 am

Yeah man I hear you. I've thought about getting into it but I figure by the time I get all my climbing tickets et cetera I'll be at least 30yrs+ and really wanting to 'slow down', not be taking on even rougher work than what I do now!

I work for a tree nursery that sells directly to public. We get a lot of stock in from Italy. Some stuff is huge (for us), we grow and plant trees from whips up to like 300-400 litre pots/rootballs. And there's quite an intense work ethic! Those big trees are a bitch to lump around by hand.

There's also more to it like fencing, landscaping, clearance jobs etc.

I end up relying a bit on coffee to get my workouts in, but hopefully in the future I'll be able to get them in whenever I want if I go self-employed etc.

You self employed?
sam

Postby boyvillain » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:13 am

02SEP17

Well the last time I was truly on here I tried to refocus my efforts towards a JP designed program but work kept me from pursuing it as we have been crushed with PT 4-5 days a week for the past 6 months. Today was my first day back on a Greyskull cycle and I of course went with Mastodon. I have decided to add in FM pull ups on pulling/leg days and FM push ups on upper days. On the weighted walks I will probably incorporate LSD runs and ruck runs to keep my stamina up but the focus will be generally what the program was designed for.

W01D01
C/C Curl: 30# 15 ea.
EZ Curl: 65# 2x12
Yates: 115 for 8 & 135 for 8
Rack Pull: Worked up to 310 for 8

boyvillain

Previous

Return to Beginner Villain Logs