Lumberjerk's Log

New kids on the block

Re: Lumberjerk's Log

Postby lumberjerk » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:37 pm

Just keeping things updated here!

I've kept at it, I don't log but I still lift and train.

I re-read swole the other day just to get myself psyched again.

I've lost the weight I was looking to lose, down to 195lbs and looking not too bad. Still trying to tighten up for swimsuit season.

Weights fell way off. I skipped months in the gym. I squat 150lb yesterday and I can barely bend over today. That was a warmup 18 months ago.

HOWEVER: conditioning was kept up and I'm the lightest and fittest I've been. I still pluck through the gladiator conditioning workouts and I'm putting up better times and weights than I did when I had decent squat and dead numbers, so I'm very happy about that.

200 KB swings at 50lbs in under 4mins, same with sandbag C&P, I use a 90lb sandbag now. I hike for an hour every morning usually fasted, I ruck pretty decent with a 90lb bag, I even flip a 4oolb tire while wearing the heavy ruck.

I use Swole to meal plan and then track it all with the LoseIt app which keeps things accountable. Plus I use a fitbit now too and that really helps me fine tune the old diet.
lumberjerk

Postby Brooklyn Jerry » Sat May 28, 2016 9:55 am

Great log. I'm 66 and tying to get my lifts back to what they were at age 50. I like Johnny Pains methods because I feel some conditioning is important as I get older. I will be following your continued progress. Must be nice to live on a farm,although it sure seems like some hard work.
Brooklyn Jerry

Postby lumberjerk » Tue May 31, 2016 2:15 pm

Thanks!

Farm> Yeah, some days I really dream of living in a condo. Seriously. That's usually the winter though. Today is beautiful and I'm out stacking firewood burning 600 calories an hour. Rucked in the AM with a 50lb pack and it was an awesome way to spend an hour.

I'm really into the conditioning now too especially since I'm older as well. I'm moving my stall mats out to the garage from the basement later today so I have a convenient place to keep my deadlift current. Laying off squats and upper body lifting too. Weird bilateral shoulder problems popped out of nowhere (mghta been the FM pushups I was doing though!) Flip tires and ruck heavy better now than when I was putting up some good squat numbers anyway. I might try and get back into the lifting in the winter. I'll try and keep this log updated!
lumberjerk

Postby Brooklyn Jerry » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:06 am

I have had some bouts of RS shoulder pain over the years my self. It had been ok for a many years, then last July while benching felt something wrong on LS,I should have stopped right then , but stupid me did another set. Now almost a year later, some physical treatments and plenty of ibuprofen and ice it's finally feeling better although weak. I believe you are right to drop lifts that bother you. I am sure all your work will make you Farm Strong.
Brooklyn Jerry

Previous

Return to Beginner Villain Logs